Cobham Explorer 8100 Drive-Away VSAT
The unique Dynamic Pointing Correction technology and an advanced carbon fiber reflector make the 1 meter EXPLORER 8100 the most advanced Auto-Acquire Drive-Away Land VSAT antenna available in its class.
Traditional vehicle mounted ‘Comms-On-The-Pause’ VSAT antennas can lose connection to the satellite with even the slightest movement of the vehicle on its suspension caused by high winds or people getting in and out. EXPLORER 8100 isn’t a traditional VSAT antenna.With EXPLORER 8100 you can enjoy continuous connectivity services even if the vehicle rocks thanks to a new and unique ‘Dynamic Pointing Correction’ system. Using lessons learned from Cobham SATCOM’s maritime stabilized VSAT antennas, EXPLORER 8100 offers the most reliable connectivity available in its class.
EXPLORER 8100 is developed completely in-house by Cobham SATCOM. It features genuine EXPLORER design, which is already established and proven with Cobham SATCOM’s highly regarded EXPLORER BGAN and GX terminals. It is designed to offer unparalleled Comms-On-The-Pause performance, ensuring high quality connectivity that is available even when other antennas would have lost their connection to the satellite. In the field, this means you can count on EXPLORER 8100 to provide you with vital communications whatever the conditions.
EXPLORER 8100 features industry-leading fast satellite acquisition with pointing achieved automatically in less than two minutes, making getting connected to a satellite a quick and easy process. The system is available in both Ka- and Ku-band configurations and works with all major satellite networks. A swappable feed system allows users to change frequency bands, ensuring they have full choice of what services to use throughout the lifetime of the antenna.
• Genuine EXPLORER Design
• Rugged, Reliable 1.0m Auto-Acquire Drive-Away Antenna
• Single Piece 1.0m Offset Feed Carbon Fiber Reflector for Multi-Band Ku/Ka Operation
• Built-in Wifi and a Web-based User Interface for easy PC and Smartphone Configuration
• Precision Polarization Drive in Ku-band configuration
• Dynamic Pointing Correction and inclined orbit satellite tracking
• Harmonic Drive Gear systems
• Advanced Blocking Zone Functionality
• Available in an 8W BUC, 20W BUC, and a no BUC option